Thursday, April 2, 2009

Less is More

In God's economy less is often more. How many warnings are given to rich people? A lot. Those of us who have much are in danger of being tricked into a life of comfort that might seem like blessing but is actually inhibiting us from trusting God for everything. 

Over the past few weeks we've purged some 40 boxes of "stuff" from our old house and moved into a basement suite for a time. I suppose that might look like a step backwards...back to a time like when we first got married and had nothing. In my mind...it's a giant leap forward. We're letting go of "stuff" and holding on to Jesus. Our lives are being changed... the less we have the more we see Jesus providing and taking care of us. I'm really grateful for this change in our lives and for what it represents. I pray God will continue to show us more as we live with less.

2 comments:

  1. I finally started reading your blogs thanks to google reader!

    I am excited to see how God is going to work in and through your family's life as you take this big step of faith. I am definitely looking forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found this space :) I really want to sit down and talk next week if we can. Maybe grab a sandwich or something?

    ReplyDelete