Friday, July 20, 2007

Personal vs. Corporate

So the second question at WonderfulWorship was "In light of your response to the first question, how do you view personal and corporate worship" or something like that :) In my mind, there isn't a huge separation of the two in principal although realistically there is in practice. Both still involve being wholeheartedly engaged in both attidtude and action. Corporate worship is just another phase of this continuous worship that we're all doing all the time. True, I normally don't get a band together and sing at the top of my lungs on a weekday but the spirit behind my interactions with people at Starbucks ought to be no different than the attitude with which I sing to God on Sunday morning. The goal of each should be to bring glory to God and to point people towards the cross of Christ. And more to the point, personal worship ought to get a whole lot more of my attention since I spend a whole lot more time worshiping alone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment