Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cirque du Soleil - a night to inspire

So for our 5th anniversary Melissa and I went to Cirque du Soleil's Kooza in Toronto. I highly reccomend to anyone that hasn't been to a Cirque show to go! They are amazing. It seems like a lot of people have a particular image of what it will be...like my mom. She asked me "Is there any hay in the tent". I somwhat impatiently told her that no, there was not any hay in the tent. There are no smelly mistreated elephants either. The whole show is kind of like a fusion between theatre and acrobatics.
Kooza tells the story of a boy who seems to have no joy in life. All of that changes however when he recieves a large jack-in-the-box who's "Jack" has extraordinary powers and brings all kinds of fun and entertainment into the boy's life.
I left the show totally inspired and ready to take my art and that of my friends to a whole other level. I pray that God would empower us with passion and dedication and His Spirit so that the art we portray is far more impacting that that of a circus.

No comments:

Post a Comment