Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Squembe


Have you ever had one of those moments of epiphany where it seems God has given you and your friends all of his wisdom at once and you have invented a completely new word with this newfound gift of mental prowess? Well occassionally I have had such an experience, more often as a child, but most recently on the weekend. See, Andrew and Shirley VanderPloeg and my wife and I were strolling through Niagra-on-the-Lake this past weekend and we passed a store with several ethnic instruments in the window. Shirley piped up and said she'd seen one of them before and it was kind of like a square djembe. Well this lead to us coming up with a name for said instrument and we settled on squembe.Say it with me...squembe. Seriously...is that not the funniest word to have ever crossed your lips? If not please, let me know what is because I could use a good laugh. Incidentally, here is what I believe the squembe looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment