Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Running with the Lost

Well I've officially been around Mike Wilkins too much. Ok maybe not too much... just enough to start adopting some of his actions as my own. Some of you may or may not know that I've been running off and on for 3 years now. In June I started running regularly and now I run about 36km a week.

When I started looking at ways in which my philosophies don't line up with my actions I realized that my commitment to personal evangelism had all but dried up since moving to London. There are some reasons for that but none that are good enough to stand in the way of me taking action now.

So what did I do? I decided to go over to the local running shop here in St. Thomas and strike up a relationship. I purchased my new jacket for winter running from them and then asked about running clubs they have. On Saturday morning I went running with them for the first time. I couldn't stay for too long afterward but I was glad to go and meet a few people.

I honestly believe every Christian should be intentionally spending time with those who don't know Christ. We all have time. We all are commanded to. There is no excuse... I think I've tried them all.

Today's questions: What are you doing to spend time with those who need to hear about Jesus? In what ways might you be making excuses that need to be overcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment