Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wow...I think I'm getting lazy

I realize that I haven't been blogging much lately. Sorry about that. Tomorrow I will write part three of "Unceasing Worship". For now, let me direct you attention to this quote I've been mulling over from Seth Godin's blog under the title "The Sad Lie of Mediocrity":

Doing 4% less does not get you 4% less.

Doing 4% less may very well get you 95% less.

Wow.

So in keeping with the theme of this blog I'd ask all of you Christ followers - are you inclined to fall for the sad lie of mediocrity? Are you like me and sometimes want to think "its for the church... its good enough". I wish my actions always matched up with my convictions but they don't. However, I do believe with all of my heart that God DESERVES and DEMANDS the best we have to offer. I'm going to try to dig 4% deeper... not so God will love me more but because he is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment