Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lazy blogging is sometimes more effective

I found it hard to decide what to blog on today...then I read this.

http://blogs.lifeway.com/blog/edstetzer/2008/08/theological-preoccupation.html

I resonate with this so much. I come from a hyper-evangelism background. It is now engrained into who I am and I doubt that will ever change. I desperately want to see people come to know Christ. However, I've seen churches that "win" a lot of people to Christ and then fail to help them grow up.

The more I get to know, and really know, the Word the more I love it. The more I want to know about it and apply it to my life. I want desperately to help people know it and apply it to their lives.

It's a shame these two loves don't more often meet and get practiced. I admit, it's tough. I don't think that's an excuse for not trying to have church be about both.

No comments:

Post a Comment