Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sometimes Resting means Resting

What kind of person are you? Are you the kind of person that needs to unplug entirely in order to rest? Or, are you the kind of person that needs to remain a bit attached to your work in order to know that things are going well enough around the office so that then you can relax? Think about it? What kind of person are you?

I know that I'm the first kind of person. I often fail to realize that God has made me a certain way and that he means for me to be just exactly that person and so, to the degree that he's given wisdom and insight into who I am, I should use that insight to my advantage. The problem is I don't. Just about every time I'm on "vacation" I do something small that has to do with work and think I can just kind of slip in and slip out of that mode.

My email account is my worst enemy.

So what am I going to do? From now on vacation is vacation. I'm going to make it a priority to be away from my house, my computer and anything else that can be "workish" and rest. How about you? Could you see yourself unplugging like that?

ps - If Mike is reading this don't feel guilty about our meeting on Friday. It was my choice :) But I'll make better choices later.

No comments:

Post a Comment