Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ruin me


The natural state of my heart is cold. Unfeeling. I have been conditioned to guard my emotions and the put up walls around my vulnerability. Don't feel too much, you might get hurt. Don't think about things too much, you won't like what you see. This is how the world teaches us to deal with pain and suffering...ignore it and it will go away.

This is not the way God wants us to be. God desires for us to care deeply for the oppressed, for the broken, for the poor and the orphans and the widows. He wants us to be in pain for them...for our hearts to be broken on their behalf. In order to have IT we need to be ruined to core for those who need God. Whether they need to experience his love in their lives or whether they just need to have their physical needs met our hearts need to bleed for them. Jesus said "whatever you do for the least of these you also do for me".

Are you allowing your heart to be ruined? Are you doing something for the oppressed for the sake of Jesus? Pray with me that the world would not win the war for the condition of our hearts but that God would come and do as he promised for Israel:

"...I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in my statutes..."

No comments:

Post a Comment