Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Being Prepared

Likely the thing most crucial to our success in life (outside of God's will making you successful) is being prepared. I'll confess that I kind of like the rush of doing things last minute but that's probably one of my greatest weaknesses. It plays out in forgetting to do things related to my job and also in my spiritual life. Sometimes I think I let the thrill of working on the fly cover the reality that I should be prepared with prayer and time with God.

As I've spent the morning trying to prepare for a week of vacation it seems to me that one of my goals for 2009 should be to prepare more diligently - both in work tasks and my spiritual life. It's not that I don't prepare most of the time - I'm quite a bit more diligent and steady at spending time with God and administrative tasks than I ever have been and yet I know I could be better. So off with procrastinating and on with "the new self" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment