Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You have to love C.S. Lewis

... and not just cause its cool for Christians to like him. Lewis is one of the greatest Christian minds in history...or so I have come to think. Here's a quote I read today that resonates with me right now:

"We need to be reminded more than instructed."

Do you find that to be true? Isn't it so easy to forget the simplest things you've already been taught and apply them, let alone adding more to your mound of knowledge? Would we be better representatives of Christ if we worked on knowing and applying just some simple truths? What's your take? How does this thought impact you?

2 comments:

  1. I agree... though ironically I need to remind myself of this more often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/11/430-pretending-to-like-cs-lewis.html

    ReplyDelete