Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back from Vacation

Well here I am back from vacation in Markdale, ON and Washington DC. Check out Facebook for the photographic highlights. I've learned/relearned a few things while being away:

1. Layla and her car seat are not friends
2. I love hanging out and dreaming with my wife
3. Canada does a poor job of honoring its heros
4. My love for good theology increases everyday and that love translates into a deeper love for God.

While away I took the opportunity to engage my mind in several podcasts (20+ hours in a car will do that to ya) and while in Markdale I read "God is the Gospel" which I'm sure many of you have read as it's standard WLA literature, being Piper and all, but it took me this long to get to it. I was so completely impressed with Mr. Piper's grasp of the Word and his obvious passion for it. The centrality of Christ is such a lost art form and one that everyday I want to learn more of and make more real in my life - personally and professionally.

Add to this experience the hours of Mark Driscoll podcasts that I listened to and, well, I'm just really loving the love God is giving me for his Word and for his Son. Its deepening. Its changing my passions. I pray that God will continue this regenerative grace that He's showing me and that as far as it is up to me I will be faithful to study and grow in love and knowledge of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment