Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First week of the new ministry year: what I'm praying for

This is the first week of the new ministry year for just about every church in North America and for me it feels like New Years. I don't really see January 1st as the start of a new year I see September 1st that way. So as I look towards this year I've got some things I'm praying for. I'll try to articulate them in order of importance this week but perhaps it will become to monumental of a task.

I do know what's most important and most pressing on my mind: that God would be so pleased as to send the Holy Spirit on our congregation in such a way that there would be a tangible difference in the people and congregation of WLA

I think talking about the Holy Spirit has become old school or something. It should be something we talk about more. When Jesus left this earth he said that it was good that he was leaving because only through his leaving could the Comforter come. In essence saying the Comforter is better than having me in person. Soak that in. It's good that Jesus is gone because now the Holy Spirit is here. I want desperately for the Spirit to come on us in power so that our church will be a place where there is no doubt that God is up to something amazing, for his glory. I'd be pleased to know there are others praying for the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment