Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall in Love

Isn't it completely obvious when someone is in love with someone? They have that doe-eyed look...the flutter about...they sing randomly. It's just obvious. It makes other people wish they were in love, doesn't it? This is the scene in many a move where the two girl friends get together after a romantic night before and the in love friend is gushing and the other somewhat less attractive but still nice friend says "oh, I wish I had that!".

Above every other thing we can do to shine is to be in love - with Christ. I was listening to a sermon last night and it hit me like a ton of bricks...am I obviously in love with Jesus? Do I talk about Him all the time? Do I flutter about because of the joy I have that radiates from our relationship? If I don't have that I don't have anything! The kind of joy that comes from loving Christ is the best light I can shine...it's the only light worth shining.

Let's try hard together to love Jesus more. Let's love Him more deeply by spending time in His word and understanding Him more. Let's love him more passionately by letting every joy in our lives eminate from His love for us. Let's be the best kind of light...the light that's produced by love.

1 comment:

  1. Funny. I will direct you to Challies dot com again to read his post from today on Loving God . I was struck by how I *think* I am loving God because I am obeying, but is that actually the same as that "in love glow"? I wonder how rarely I shine and how often I stink like a self-righteous, legalistic pharisee. Any how, good stuff at Challies all the time. Today especially.

    ReplyDelete