Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day - Global Poverty

Hey All,

I'm ashamed to say I didn't know about this sooner. Today is Blog Action Day...a day when bloggers unit to raise awareness. This year the focus of BAD is global poverty. This is an issue that has been ripping me apart for some time now. God is breaking my heart for this issue. Increasingly I look for ways to contribute and one of my goals is to go on a missions trip to Africa and get my hands dirty by helping in a tangible way.

The whole point of this is to create a discussion. Well I'll ask this question...what, if anything, are you doing to help with the issue of global poverty? Are you sponsoring a child through Compassion Canada? Are you buying products that support companies looking to irradicate poverty? Are you signing petitions from companies like one.org? These are all simple, effective ways to help. I encourage you, do what you can and remember that Jesus said "whatever you do for the least of these, so you've done for me".

No comments:

Post a Comment