Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How does Google make so much money?

So I've spent a good part of my day today getting my macbook syncing with my Google Calendar and contacts. As I've sat here doing all of this in a relatively add free environment the thought crossed my mind - just how does Google make money? I mean my perception (which I understand isn't true) is that Google just makes cool apps for the betterment of mankind. You know, sort of like the Gandalf of the internet. They ride around the web collaborating and creating peace and harmony for the peasants in such a way that most of us don't even know they are there.

No matter how they make their billions of Googly dollars I've got to give them credit. They appear to be the most benevolent group of billionaires on the planet. Good show!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! I am a HUGE google fan. I firmly believe that Google will one day take over the planet (in a none-apolcolyptic way).

    But that is a very interesting question, one that I hadn't thought of, but very interesting. You're right about the ad stuff-- I love it. But it does make you wonder how they make money. If you ever find out...

    ReplyDelete