Monday, October 20, 2008

First weekend on a Mac...

Well last week I moved over to Mac. My work laptop was on its last legs and I'd been considering moving over to Mac for sometime. The new Macbook was released last week and so I took the plunge. For the most part it has been a pretty easy transition. The biggest pain so far has been getting my Outlook information into Entourage. However, everything else has just been plain old fun. I think this is just a great illustration of what alot of people in my generation are looking for in products these days. We're not really so concerned with familiarity. It's more important that the products have an "it" factor. Uniqueness is important (or at least the perception of uniqueness).

The apps are cool and easy to use. Everything is intuative. The whole interface is just cool. The laptop is fast and feels great in your hands. It's just cool. I'll let you know as time goes on if I have any negative impressions. So far...nope.

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the family!
    Enjoy. The new macbooks are tight. Although I prefer the "look" of their last macbook better, the new system is great. But, I think the biggest hook for me is the new trackpad and multi-gesture fingering. AWESOME.
    I want one.

    ReplyDelete