Thursday, October 16, 2008

Ever wonder why this blog is called "Unceasing Worship"?

I stole the name from a book by Harold M. Best. The book expounds on a theology of worship much more broad and inclusive than what we typically label as worship in the church. I read it some time ago and am reading it again. It really is a fantastic book, one that is forming my thoughts on worship and ministry and one that I'd highly reccomend you read. In fact, I'm giving consideration to using it as a vehicle by which we can evalute our ministry here at WLA.

You can get a copy of it here. I'll likely be blogging about it as time nmoves forward but for now, let me give you the definition of worship offered up by Harold which I think is fantastic:

Worship is the continuous outpouring of all that I am, all that I do and all that I can ever become in light of a chosen or choosing god.

The big thoughts for me today...this involves way more than music. So, how do we more accurately create a church of joyful worshippers in light of this definition? Do we like this definition?

No comments:

Post a Comment