Monday, October 27, 2008

ESV Study Bible now available

I went over to the Upper Room and got the new ESV study Bible today. I've been waiting for it to come out for a while now. Pastor Mike uses it for all of his sermons and its highly recommended by John Piper and Mark Driscoll which makes it awesome in my books.

If you don't have an ESV Bible I think you should get one. As my cell group has been studying Colossians inductively this year we've been using a commentary to help us along. Almost every time the commentary suggests the best wording for a passage its the version of a verse the ESV uses. Why is that important? Because sometimes the english language is confusing and IMHO its important to know as precisely as possible what the BIble says. Several versions are best but if you get one to use most often this is the one as far as I understand.

Besides the great translation there are maps, summaries, cross references, articles and more that will help you understand God's word more fully.

I just used mine this morning to follow along with a podcast and loved the extras I got out of the test and sermon because of it. If making it to the Upper Room seems tough you can get it from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment